Monday, March 11, 2013

JOB SEARCH LIKE MATT KENSETH

MONDAY MISSION

http://www.morguefile.com/creative/southernfried 
A few years ago I started watching Nascar.  Just casually really.  My brother loves it and my husbands enjoys it when we remember there is a race and turn it on.  I have to confess, the accidents are very exciting! I was very happy to see Matt Kenseth won yesterday's race - and on is birthday!

But I digress...Matt Kenseth.  I began rooting for him after I saw him in a race a while back.  His car was completely smashed and inoperable.  He had his crew pit get right to work on it even though it didn't seem likely he would be able to resume this race. 

The sports caster who interviewed him asked him why he was bothering to get his crew to wrok on his car when it was unlikely that he would be able to re-enter this race.  His answer impressed me and stuck with me - I will paraphrase it here

Even if I only get one more lap in it will be worth it - you never know when that
one lap could be all I need to win.

So what has this got to do with job search?  Well, I think job searching is like Nascar racing, at least the way Matt Kenseth thinks about it:  You never know when that one application, resume, contact will be the one you need to get the job. 

One thing I find myself saying to clients over and over is - We don't care about the employers who don't hire you, only the one who will. 

Have a goal, develop a plan, map out a schedule, follow it and you will be a winner in the end!

How have you gotten jobs in the past?  How did it feel?  Comment below or email me!

Other articles that may be of interest:

Mar 04, 2013
Don't forget to touch base with your career expert as needed and check jobs through the job service and staffing agencies AT LEAST weekly. Often these agencies have at least a few listings that are not advertised elsewhere.
Mar 08, 2013
Job Search for the Rest of Us! Working to get People Working....Information and Resources for those looking for work as well as those needing to make or manage a career plan.
Mar 05, 2013
If you have been out of the job hunt for a while you may find using online search engines, like CareerBuilder, befuddling. If you know how to start, you will find it is not so bad. CareerBuilder is easy to use and similar to others ...
Feb 25, 2013
Like any loss, a job loss often results in a feeling of grief. Inevitably you must mourn the loss of the job and all that it provided: Security, money, self-esteem, status, identity, etc. Having a concrete goal can help you through the ...
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Follow me on Google +

Popular Posts