Another major benefit is that you have everything you need to do your job, even if your "job" is job searching right now. Your computer, printer, ink, paper, pens phone, fax, reference materials, drawing board, other equipment need to be readily at hand when you need them.
How you organize this may be another matter altogether! If you work from different locations, are having difficulty staying motivated or are feeling stressed, you may need to make a change in your work environment to optimize your productivity!
I recently came across this helpful article, 18 Ways to Improve Your Work Environment and Optimize Productivity by Amara Pope who writes for TimeDoctor.com, a software designed for tracking hours and optimizing productivity for remote workers and teams.
She had some great tips - many of which I share all the time with my clients - great minds think alike! It is definitely worth taking the time to read the article in its entirety, but here is a summary she provided to give you an idea of the breadth of her recommendations:
- With work life and home life being continually intertwined, and the pressures to complete more tasks in a shorter amount of time, it is very important to be aware of your work environment your work routine, and your mentality, to avoid burning out.
- Your work environment should be a space of comfort.
- Boosting your work environment can allow you to connect more to your work, promote a sense of fulfillment and happiness while optimizing your productivity.
- Get to know your co-workers or other people in the industry.
- Celebrate small victories.
- The physical and mental space of the place in which you work must be decluttered, organized, clean, creative, and personalized promote productivity.
- Take breaks.
- Understand your responsibilities, those of your coworkers, and your expectations of one another.
Mary Sherwood, MS, CDMS, CCM
Professional, Rehab, & Occupational Services, LLC
SERVICES: Excellent Customer Service All the Time, Every Time. Just ask; we'll deliver. Schedule time now.
L. – LINKEDIN PRO: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marysevinsky
L. – LIFEVANTAGE: Anti-aging, Health and Wellness for your skin, body & mind and the opportunity to earn more money
C. – CONTACT ME: Landline 302.644.1827 | Mobile: 410.444.1989 | Skype Mary.E.Sherwood