|Photo from: http://www.morguefile.com/creative/mensatic|
This is not to say your life is nothing but a bed of roses. Rather, the more you push yourself to focus on the things you have to be thankful for, the less negative you will see things.
And, you may have to push yourself! Have you ever heard of the expression, "Fake it til you make it."? This approach can work very well for you and your situation if you apply it diligently.
I will leave you to come up with the particulars, but in general focusing on the positives can:
- Facilitate more positive feedback from others
- Allow you to see more of the bigger picture so you don't miss opportunities
- Encourage others
- Relieve stress at home
- Give you something else to focus on
- Release endorphins that will make you feel better
- Contribute to a more successful job search
- Free you up to spend your energy on beneficial thoughts and activities
- Make you feel good
What do you feel thankful for?