Creativity. Encarta Dictionary defines creativity as the ability to use the imagination to develop new and original ideas or things. So how does creativity fit into job search?
Creativity can help you stand out from the crowd of other applicants, most of whom are all doing the same thing(s)! The trick is to think about job search process differently from start to finish.
Consider looking for jobs outside of the Help Wanted Section or Online Job Listings. Tap into the Hidden Job Market:
- Volunteer or community groups
- Cold Calling
- Taking a class
- Filling a need in your Labor Market
- Give thought to your formatting and paper selection - be careful not to get too carried away!
- Follow up by mail if no phone calls are allowed
- Schmooze the receptionist to find best times and method of contact for a influencer
- Consider offering to prove yourself via an On the Job Training or Internship
- If you REALLY need a job, consider several part time opportunities
- Where are they hiring for jobs you can do - consider relocating
Other articles that may be of interest:
“You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club” – Jack London