- Be quiet and allow time after the question before you answer
- Concentrate on what the interviewer is asking you
- Think about what the interviewer is really asking you (subtext)
- Think again about how you want to answer
- Don't be afraid to ask for clarification
- Practice active listening at home, on the job, and with friends
- Learn more about Active Listening from one of my favorite Sources MindTools or a new site Study Guides and Strategies
- What tips or tricks do you have for active listening?