promotion to a specific position of interest in his company. I wish more workers were thinking along this line - it would open up a lot more jobs for those looking for work!
Here are a few quick tips I provided him to make sure he is in competition for the position of his dreams:
- Research the job for which you would like to apply or strive toward
- Get a detailed job description
- Schedule an informational interview with someone doing this job to find out more how to prepare
- Research any training programs and interview other attendees or read reviews
- Evaluate what you need to compete for the job(s) Plan out what you need to do to achieve these skills, qualifications or abilities
- Map out time frames to complete the small goals
- Actually write down all of these goals and review weekly or monthly to see where you are in working toward your goals!